PLAN of Georgia is a non-profit organization based in metro Atlanta that was created by families to help other families challenged by a common concern:
How can we best plan for the present and future care of a family member living with mental illness or developmental disabilities?
PLAN of Georgia works with families to provide the best quality of life possible for their loved ones in the present and throughout their lifetime.
We provide continuity of care through care management, which includes coordination and connection to vital resources, ongoing monitoring and advocacy. We hep provide medical, financial and social stability. PLAN works with the existing service providers to provide excellent care for your loves ones. We help you take back the role of family member versus caregiver.
PLAN of Georgia can help in the following ways:
- Assist clients in finding quality housing
- Assist clients in obtaining public benefits, such as social security, Medicaid, food stamps an reduced fare transporation
- Provide assistance with money management, including serving as social security representative payee
- Assist with grocery shopping and meal planning
- Manage comprehensive healthcare services
- Monitoring mental status and addressing changes
- Monitor medications and side effects
- Arrange educational and vocational rehabilitation services
- Coordinate transportation, recreation and personal needs
- Provide legal aid including helping to obtain counsel, arrange bail, release and visitation of incarcerated clients
- Make regular visits to assess client’s needs
- Intervention related to self-care, psychiatric consultation needs and/or hospitalization
PLAN of Georgia also guides clients through the complex medical and mental health care system for the disabled, a system that is becoming increasingly difficult even for a well-functioning individual to navigate. We maintain and coordinate services with:
- Social workers
- Psychiatrists and counselors
- Medical and hospital personnel
- Mental health center case managers
- Trustees, banks and other service providers
Could your family benefit from PLAN of Georgia’s services? Schedule an appointment with us to discuss your needs: